We are a New York based company, currently developing a brand new, state of the art, e-commerce platform with integrated shopping carts and buy buttons.
Monotote’s e-commerce platform allows viewers of inspirational content to directly purchase showcased products from pictures and video.
One click. It’s yours.
See us in action @ www.monotote.com
Monotote is looking for a talented Senior System Administrator to take over the day to day maintenance and management of the Monotote platform. The engineer should have 7+ years experience in large scale environments. Architecture experience is a plus. Compensation commensurate with experience.
We would like to build a long time relationship with an experienced System Administrator. Keywords here are QUALITY and COMMUNICATION.
Skills & Requirements
We’re flexible with learning on the job, with corresponding relevant work experience – but, for this position to be successful we need you to know the following, with a strong self-initiative to learn from others!
Essential Responsibilities (including but not limited to)
- Assist with debugging / development of bug fixes – day-to-day maintenance.
- Development of new features under the guidance of senior team members.
- Understanding and proven experience with LAMP stacks
- Experience with various scripting languages (Bash, Python, etc)
- History of development expertise with multiple languages
- Knowledge of build systems and unit testing
- Advanced knowledge of CI and CD
- Advanced understanding of Linux and working with the CLI
- Advanced knowledge of Redhat and CentOS
- Deep knowledge of DNS and BIND
- Familiarity with VPN solutions (SSL VPN)
- Deep understanding of networking. Layer 3 is preferable
- Bonus for experience with virtual routers
- Good understanding of non relational databases and columnar databases as well as replication and replication recovery
- Proven ability to troubleshoot relational database issues, whether server related or query/index related
- Deep understanding of AWS technologies such as Cloudformation, Autoscaling, ELBs, S3, Cloudfront, Route53 and experience with their shortcomings
- Knowledge and understanding of LDAP and Kerberos, bonus for FreeIPA
- Deep understanding of security hardening and best practices
- Familiarity with compliance requirements for PCI
- Experience with large distributed environments
Name your price. Based on your skill level, test results, other candidates, …
Send your resume, hourly rate, and CV to email@example.com.